System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2
4 new tools since V1.
The following list provides specific information about each tool in the toolkit.
- Client Spy – A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Delete Group Class Tool – A tool used to remove inventory group definitions along with history data, tables, views and stored procedures for the group.
- Desired Configuration Management Migration Tool – A tool used to migrate from the DCM Solution for SMS 2003 to DCM in ConfigMgr 2007.
- Desired Configuration Management Model Verification Tool – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for the validation and testing of configuration items and baselines authored externally from the Configuration Manager console.
- Desired Configuration Management Substitution Variable Tool – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for authoring desired configuration management configuration items that use chained setting and object discovery.
- Management Point Troubleshooter Tool – A tool that checks a computer system before and after a management point installation to ensure that the installation meets the requirements for management points.
- Policy Spy – A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Preload Package Tool – A tool used to manually install compressed copies of package source files on Configuration Manager 2007 sites.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Configuration Manager 2007 – The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required. The Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 Security Configuration Wizard template supports new site system definitions and enables the required services and ports.
- Send Schedule Tool – A tool used to trigger a schedule on a Client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- Trace32 – A log viewer that provides a way to easily view and monitor log files created and updated by Configuration Manager 2007 clients and servers.
Filed under: Software